Prawn & Fish Culture
JLV Prawn Farms
Location : Calatagan, Batangas, Philippines
1. NS Series Super SPO was applied one (1) week before stocking and weekly application maintained as per supplier's recommendation.
2. Water change was minimal during entire culture, hence savings on pumping cost were realized.
3. No additional aeration was required when NS Super SPO was applied because D.O. remained constant throughout culture period even at a stocking density of more than 30/M2.The standard of one (1) HP aeration requirement for every 500 kgs biomass was followed.
4. Ammonia levels in water column during the entire culture remained minimal and negligible. No traces of hydrogen sulfide (H2S) was found on pond bottom after harvest, affirming the capability of bacterial strain in NS Series Super SPO to utilize sulfur and ammonia as nutrient source.
5. No rice bran was applied, as is now generally practiced, since there is no scientific basis for such practice and management felt that additional input of rice bran will only further increase the organic load in pond ecosystem.
to 33 ppt throughout entire culture
“HOC PO” Prawn Feeds was used throughout culture period for all ponds.
Copyright © 1988 - 2004 Nutri-Systems International, Inc. All rights reserved.
All products listed on this site are either registered trademarks or trademarks of
Nutri-Systems International, Inc. in the Philippines and/or other countries.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this web site.